August 13, 2008

Art Unraveled 2008 with Raina Gentry

I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any in progress photos. Darn! I love seeing how something starts and progresses in layers. I only have two pictures of this class with Raina Gentry and it isn't finished yet.... They are the same, one is upside-down for a different view. Only a few layers have been done so far. Raina lives in Prescott and teaches out of her studio too, so I hope to get up there for more classes with her. I was looking at the piece from a distance and I enjoy the shapes upside-down as well so who knows what it will really end up being.
The "V" from my previous post was used here as a gel transfer that was unsuccessful due to the gray background and no real contrast, BUT, it isn't done yet. I can either paint over it or any number of things! It definitely needs more layers and depth.
I highly recommend taking a class from Raina if anyone gets the chance at a future Art Unraveled event. She was a great teacher, the class was very organized, her process was a great approach to the "blank canvas" and she made it around the class to help and offer guidance to the students in addition to having two really nice helpers!