September 10, 2008

My Raina Gentry class piece Phase Two

Now that I've added another layer, the look has changed quite a lot. I am not sure what to do next but I still enjoy the process. Paint a little, study it. I look at it wondering when I'm going to get back in the art room again to work on it. Someday. I DO know I will work around the white and blue area that looks like a little Pac Man or critter as well as the 55 in the upper right corner. I didn't have time to refine it when I painted around it.

I have the MOST difficult time applying anything that is "crooked" or angled. As much as I hated doing so, I stamped the 5's that way AND upsidedown on top of it. I have to get something else going in other directions so they don't seem out of place to me. They might get partially painted over or buried somewhat. I wonder about posting something in progress, having people look at it and question things on it, but I have to remind you that it is NOT finished and just like comparing this to the last post of it, you could very possibly see a whole change by the time it IS done. I too can see many things to change or question but I thought sharing was better than waiting for it to be done. IF it ever gets done that is. I do like it better now, more contrast and depth. It also seems more unified.

Phase One



Phase Two